Illinois Lawyer Referrals and Legal Guidance
What Makes A Great Lawyer
It has been said that when negotiating a contract, a good result is one that you are happy with. The same should hold true in hiring a lawyer. While the following is not an exhaustive list, we think that these are things that make a great lawyer:
- The lawyer has extensive experience in a certain area of law and a proven track record of success.
- The lawyer treats the client with respect and as an equal partner.
- The lawyer clearly explains the law to a client and helps the client make an informed decision based on all of the possible outcomes and alternatives to resolving a matter.
- The lawyer communicates with his client. This includes regular written correspondence, returning phone calls and letting the client know of all settlement offers and developments in the case.
- The lawyer is honest and ethical. He/she has a clear understanding that no matter what a case is potentially worth, no case is worth committing a violation of the law or state bar ethical rules.
- The lawyer makes decisions in the best interests of his or her client, not based on what is easiest or most convenient for his or her schedule.
- The lawyer has a strong reputation in the legal community.
- The lawyer does not take cases that are frivolous.
Findgreatlawyers.com focuses on finding lawyers in every part of the state of Illinois. From Chicago to Rockford, to Central Illinois, down to Southern Illinois, and every county in between. Whatever the legal area or location within the state of Illinois, we know the perfect lawyer for you.