Illinois Lawyer Referrals and Legal Guidance
What Makes a Great Lawyer for Illinois Sexual Abuse Lawsuits
Findgreatlawyers.com is a free service, run by Illinois lawyers, to help people that need Illinois lawyer referrals or legal guidance. We help with almost any legal matter, including sexual abuse and molestation lawsuits. Although we are based out of Chicago, we have a state-wide network of attorneys for almost any county in Illinois. If you would like our help please contact us at (312) 346-5320 or (800) 517-1614. For more information what makes a great lawyer for Illinois sexual abuse and molestation lawsuits, please read on.
Perhaps the worst thing someone could do is to sexually abuse or molest another person, whether that person is an adult or a child, whether the person is of the same or opposite sex of the offender, and whether this person is known or unknown to the offender. While the Illinois criminal code imposes various penalties, particularly jail time, on offenders guilty of sexual abuse or molestation, the civil code also allows for victims of sexual abuse and molestation to sue their abusers for damages. You can also sue your abusers supervisors. In other words, if you are a victim of priest abuse you can sue the priest and the Church. The supervisor can be responsible for negligent hiring and/or supervision of a worker. Damages usually take the form of money for physical, mental and emotional suffering, medical bills, and psychological treatment. Anyone who is a victim should also report sexual abuse and molestation to their local police .
When we recommend an attorney for victims of sexual abuse and molestation, we try to suggest someone that focuses their practice on sexual abuse and molestation cases in Illinois. Many lawyers can help you to pursue damages for minor car accidents, but sexual abuse and molestation cases are far more complicated, particularly if the abuser is part of a large organization with significant financial backing, such as a church or a government office. We know who the most experienced and successful lawyers are for sexual abuse and molestation cases in Illinois. Such lawyers will fight to get their clients the ongoing medical and psychological care they may need, and are also extremely sensitive to their client’s needs for compassion and confidentiality.
These traits do not guarantee a result, but do ensure that your case is evaluated by a law firm that knows what they are doing and has achieved great results in situations similar to yours. The following are other characteristics that we think are possessed by the lawyers that we recommend for sexual abuse and molestation cases:
- They have at least ten years experience in handling sexual abuse and molestation cases in Illinois.
- They are part of a firm that assigns a team of lawyers to work on a case once a sexual abuse or molestation lawsuit has been filed.
- Their firm has a track record of success measured in results on previous cases. In other words, their first great result won’t be on your case.
- Their firm has the financial ability to front the sometimes significant costs of pursuing an Illinois sexual abuse or molestation lawsuit without asking for money from the client.
- They only pursue legitimate cases and never file cases they know are frivolous.
- They consider the best needs of their clients when making decisions or recommendations, while always protecting their client’s confidentiality.
- They will fight to get not only monetary damages for their client’s pain and suffering, but will also fight to make sure their clients get needed medical and psychological care.
- They treat their clients with respect and compassion, and promptly return all phone calls.
- They keep their clients up to date on all important developments in a case.
These are just some of the traits that we look for before we recommend a lawyer or a law firm for a sexual abuse or molestation case. There is no such thing as the best lawyer for every sexual abuse and molestation case, but rather we try to help you locate the best Illinois attorney for your needs.
Please note that while we always try to recommend an attorney that is close to where you live, the most important thing to us is recommending a lawyer that we believe will win the case for you. Because the attorneys that we recommend charge on a contingency basis (they only get paid if they win), there is no extra cost to hire a lawyer that isn’t close to you. So if we think a Chicago lawyer is the right attorney for your case, we would make that recommendation. On the other hand, if your case seems to be better for a Peoria law firm we would make that recommendation. It’s all about who is best for your particular case. That decision really depends on what happened to the person that was abused or molested.
If you have any questions about Illinois sexual abuse and molestation laws or would like a referral to an experienced lawyer for a sexual abuse or molestation case, please do not hesitate to contact us. All calls and e-mails are free and confidential. You will see why having access to findgreatlawyers.com is like having a lawyer in the family.