Illinois Lawyer Referrals and Legal Guidance
What Makes a Great Illinois Immigration Attorney?
Findgreatlawyers.com is a free service, run by Chicago lawyers, to help people with any Illinois legal matter including immigration. When you contact our office, you speak with an attorney for free who will answer any questions that you have and if needed, refer you to an immigration lawyer that fits your needs. Whether you have a deportation case, work visa issue or want to bring a family member legally into the United States, we will help you find the right attorney for your situation. Please call us at (312) 346-5320 or (800) 517-1614 or fill out our contact us form and we will contact you.
When we recommend a lawyer to someone, we try to suggest someone that focuses their practice on the specific area of law related to the client's needs. Because the immigration process is very technical and involves careful documentation of the applicants, and because so much rides on the immigration process, it is important to have a well-qualified immigration attorney who is familiar with the intricacies of filing and litigating an immigration case at all levels, from the immigration judge up to the United States Court of Appeals.
We know numerous experienced and successful immigration lawyers and law firms in Illinois, and while this does not guarantee a favorable outcome of your case, it does ensure that your case is evaluated by a qualified immigration attorney. We always try to recommend the lowest cost attorney that we think will do the job quickly and correctly. The following are other characteristics possessed by top Illinois immigration attorneys who we recommend:
- They have at least five years of experience in handling immigration cases similar to that of the client seeking advice. Most of the Illinois immigration attorneys we recommend have at least double that experience.
- We typically recommend Chicago immigration lawyers. The reason is that there is only one U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services field office in Illinois, and it is located in Chicago. So lawyers who do nothing but immigration cases are typically in Chicago, as that is where the great majority of their work takes place. If you aren't near Chicago, don't worry, most of the work with an immigration attorney is done over the phone and by e-mail or regular mail.
- They have a reputation in the legal community for being a leader in immigration law, as well as a record of demonstrated success in immigration litigation and appeals processes.
- They keep their clients up to date with all important developments in the case.
- They acknowledge and are sensitive to the importance and stresses of the immigration process to the client.
- They are completely truthful with their clients and the prospects of success for their case.
- They consider the needs and desires of their clients when making decisions or recommendations on their client's behalf.
- They treat their clients with respect and promptly return all phone calls and e-mails.
These are just some of the traits we look for before we recommend an Illinois immigration lawyer or law firm. While there is no such thing as the best immigration attorney in Illinois, there are attorneys that are right for your needs and make them the best attorney for your case. If you have any question about Illinois or federal immigration laws or would like a referral to an experienced Illinois immigration attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us. All calls and e-mails are free and confidential.