There are few things in life more upsetting than someone you love getting hurt or sick. And when someone else is negligent in causing that injury or illness, it can cause a range of emotions, from anger and fear, to helplessness and uncertainty. We hear from people in these situations who have a strong desire do something about it but don’t know where to start. They come to us because we have a track record of success and a reputation for caring about the people that reach out to us as if they were a family member or friend.
Findgreatlawyers.com is an Illinois legal guidance and lawyer referral service. We were founded in 2001 and are run by a group of Chicago lawyers. We do not represent you, rather our goal is to answer your questions and if needed, recommend the right firm for your unique case. There is no cost for our service.
The most important thing you can do after an injury is focus on the physical and emotional wellbeing of the person who was injured. There is nothing more important in life than your health. Next, find an attorney who is best for this unique case. People come to us to find the right attorney because we know that the right lawyer for a minor car accident isn’t the same one you’d hire for a major trucking crash and further you’d get a different attorney for a slip and fall case or if you have been sexually abused. It’s important to get the right type of attorney because often an immediate investigation is needed and you want someone in your corner who has handled a similar case before.
When an injury is the result of someone else’s negligence, recklessness or purposeful actions, the law allows you to sue the person or entity that is at fault. The goal is to be compensated for the harm or loss that you have suffered. It’s referred to as making you “whole” again. Of course, a lawsuit isn’t a miracle cure, but it can minimize the devastating effect an injury can have on a person and their family.
For example, consider a back injury after being rear-ended by a semi-truck. If the victim needs a surgery and can’t return to work, it will change their life forever. A lawsuit can, however, ease the burden of not having to worry about medical bills or lost wages. It can also provide a spouse with compensation for the impact on their life.
Everyone can afford a personal injury attorney because there is no fee unless you win. This means that you can afford an attorney who has at least ten years of experience and who has an excellent reputation in the legal community. You can afford an established law firm with significant resources, including knowledge of all the right experts to help with your case. And you can afford an attorney with an impressive track record of success. The stakes are high and your standards should be, too.
We have helped thousands of people find the right injury attorney for their case. We don’t promise a result, but we’ve had a tremendous record of success as we take every case very seriously. Some of our victories include:
- $5,000,000.00 to a man who was hit by a car and lost his leg.
- $5,000,000.00 to the family of a young woman who was killed when she was struck by a barge.
- $3,200,000.00 to a woman who was severely injured from a vaginal mesh device.
- $2,600,000.00 for a worker who lost his leg in an accident.
- $1,900,000.00 for a mentally disabled woman who was impregnated in a group home.
- $1,800,000.00 for a young girl who sustained a severe neck injury when she was thrown from a horse.
- $1,500,000.00 from a life insurance policy that wasn’t being paid following a death.
- $1,100,000.00 to the family of a man that was killed in a mining accident.
- $1,000,000.00 (full policy limits) for a trucker that was killed in a highway accident.
- $1,000,000.00 (full policy limits) for a man who shattered his leg in a motorcycle accident.
- $750,000.00 to a young girl that was sexually assaulted after being kicked off a bus by a driver in a bad neighborhood.
- $700,000.00 to a victim of sexual molestation
- $450,000.00 for a woman that had back surgery following a slip and fall accident.
We have had numerous other high value settlements. We are most proud of the cases that we’ve referred out that other firms had declined to get involved in. We know which lawyers will really fight for their clients and aren’t afraid to take a tough case to trial.
The following links highlight some specific areas of personal injury law and explain some general concepts.
Working With a Lawyer and Things You Should Know
- Assigning Damages in Illinois Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Frequently asked questions – Illinois personal injury
- Lawyers’ Fees
- Pain & Suffering in Illinois Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Statute of Limitations for Illinois Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Ten Things You Should Know About Illinois Injury Law
- What makes a great Illinois personal injury lawyer?
- What Should I Ask a Personal Injury Attorney?
- Who is the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Illinois?
Understanding Illinois Personal Injury Law
- Bad Faith Lawsuits in Illinois
- Comparative Negligence in Illinois
- Handrail Negligence (Missing or Defective)
- Illinois Dram Shop Law
- Illinois Premises Liability Law
- Illinois School & Daycare Injuries
- Landlord Liability When You Are Hurt on Their Property
- Overview of What Tort Law in Illinois Means
- Suing After a Sports Injury in Illinois
If you have any questions or would like our recommendation, please contact us at any time. Our service is free, confidential and we promise we will do whatever we can to help you.