Illinois Traffic Lawyers
Illinois has a wide range of traffic offenses, which come with a wide range of consequences. Whether it's your first speeding ticket or something more serious, the experience of getting pulled over is stressful. And in some cases, such as a DUI, thinking about what it means for your future can be terrifying.
You don't have to get swept up in the system and accept the most likely outcome. An experienced defense attorney can help you avoid a conviction. Their goal will be to get your charges reduced or the entire case dismissed. We only recommend traffic defense attorneys who have a track record of success in this area.
For a minor offense, talking to a traffic attorney will help you understand your options. If you pay a speeding ticket by mail, for example, you are pleading guilty. There may be a way to fight the ticket so that it doesn't count against you, because if you get too many, you can lose your license.
For something more serious – with heavy fines or even jail time as a potential consequence – a defense attorney will use their experience and resources to protect you. For example, a DUI conviction will follow you for the rest of your life. A good defense attorney is one who has a track record of helping clients avoid a conviction.
Losing your license can affect your ability to work, go to school, take care of your family, and lead an independent life. Other traffic offenses that affect driving privileges and carry big fines include reckless driving, driving without insurance, driving on a suspended license or extreme speeding.
Above all else, never just plead guilty. A good Illinois traffic attorney can usually minimize the punishment if not get you out of it all together.
In the links below, you can read about some specific traffic offenses, and learn about the fines and penalties that come with each. If you have questions, just let us know.
- Chronology of a DUI in Illinois
- Driving After a DUI Conviction in Illinois
- Driving on a Suspended License
- DuPage County Traffic and DUI Attorneys
- Frequently asked questions about Illinois DUI laws
- Illinois Drivers License Reinstatements
- Illinois DUI Laws
- Speeding and other areas of Illinois traffic law
- Statutory Summary Suspension
- Summary of Scott's Law
- Ten Things You Should Know About Illinois DUI Law
- Traffic Defense 101 in Illinois
- Traffic Ticket Supervision
- Traffic Tickets and a Commercial Driver’s License in Illinois
- What makes a great Illinois traffic lawyer?
- Will County Traffic and DUI Attorneys
- Cook County Criminal Districts
- Cook County Traffic and DUI Attorneys
- Lake County Criminal Lawyers
Since 2001, findgreatlawyers.com has helped thousands of people with Illinois traffic tickets. From driving on a suspended license, to speeding, to DUI's and everything in between we are the right source to find the perfect attorney for your situation. Whether you need a Chicago traffic attorney, Bloomington DUI lawyer, Belleville traffic law firm or a lawyer anywhere else, we can help. See for yourself why users of our site feel like we are like having an attorney in the family.