Illinois Lawyer Referrals and Legal Guidance
Illinois Child Custody
A child custody battle is perhaps the most difficult type of legal process to endure. As a parent, it can feel like your entire life is on the line. We know you'll do whatever it takes to be a good parent and spend time with your child and raise them, but sometimes being a good parent isn't enough. You will need to show the judge that it's in your child's best interest for you to have custody. This is the standard that the law requires judges to follow.
Your likelihood of success, in our opinion, increases significantly when you have an experienced and aggressive attorney present your case. Even a great parent can lose a custody case if they don't succeed in showing the judge that they can provide a stable and nurturing environment for the child. No single factor decides a case; it's about the bigger picture and what's best for the child.
The wild card is the other parent's case, including any evidence they have against you. If they're willing to lie under oath, you're going to have even more work to do. A good custody attorney has seen this before and knows the best approach to take to fight dirty tricks and protect your rights.
We help people find the right Illinois child custody lawyer for their case. Our staff of attorneys will consult with you and help you figure out which lawyer is best for your case. We will make sure your attorney has a good reputation in the local legal community, which can give them an advantage when the Judge is making decisions. And most importantly, we only recommend attorneys who have a track record of success in winning custody cases and really fighting for their clients.
Please browse the following links for more information on the issues that come up in Illinois child custody cases. Do not hesitate to call us if you have questions. If you're looking for an attorney, we will give you a free referral. We know what you're going through, and our goal is to help you succeed. We only recommend attorneys we would recommend to a family member or friend.
- Best Interests of the Child in Illinois Custody Cases
- Child Abduction Lawyers in Illinois
- Criteria for Awarding Custody in Illinois
- Fathers' Rights in Illinois: Child Custody
- Frequently asked questions to Illinois child custody lawyers
- Illinois paternity lawyers, more information
- Jurisdiction in Illinois
- Knowing Your Family Law Judge
- Modification After Custody Has Been Awarded
- Paternity in Illinois
- Removing a Child From Illinois to Another State
- Statutes used to adjudicate child custody in Illinois
- 604(b) Child Custody Evaluations
- Testifying in Illinois Court Cases
- Tips on Winning an Illinois Child Custody Case
- What makes a great Illinois child custody lawyer?
Findgreatlawyers.com is a free service, run by Illinois lawyers, to help people with any Illinois legal matter. From Chicago to Belleville, to Peoria to Rockford and all locations in between, we will use our best efforts to help you with your legal situation.
- A child cannot choose which parent to live with, but as they get older they will have more influence on a judge's decision.
- A judge is supposed to determine child custody and visitation based on the best interests of the child while at the same time balancing the needs of the parents.
- A child custody order cannot be modified for a minimum of two years from the final order unless there is a drastic change in circumstances that affect the best interests of the child.
- Whether or not you have been married to the parent of your child has no legal affect on child custody.
- Fathers and mothers have the same rights in Illinois.
- A consenting adult can be adopted by another adult.
- If you want your new spouse to adopt your child, you must first terminate the parental rights of the other parent.
- Whether or not you were married has no major bearing on determining child custody or child support.
- In most instances, you cannot move out of state with your children without the courts permission.
- If you are worried that the other parent of your child is going to flee the country, you can seek a court order that would confiscate your child's passport and not allow him/her to leave the country.
Findgreatlawyers.com is a free service, run by Illinois lawyers, to find an attorney or obtain guidance for any Illinois legal matter, including Illinois child custody cases. We are not a place to find a free lawyer, but do help people find the right lawyer for their situation. The Illinois child custody attorneys we recommend have a track record of success the experience to help you. If you would like a referral, please call us at (312) 346-5320or (800) 517-161,4 or fill out our contact us form and we will contact you. All calls and emails are completely confidential.