Illinois Lawyer Referrals and Legal Guidance
What Makes a Great Illinois Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer?
We help people find Illinois lawyers for federal criminal defense as well as other areas of Illinois law. When we recommend an attorney, we try to suggest someone that focuses their practice on the specific area of law pertinent to the client’s needs. This is especially important when we recommend a federal criminal defense attorney. For more information on our service, please visit our how it works page. If you would like a referral or have general questions please call us at (312) 346-5320 or (800) 517-1614 or fill out our contact us form and we will contact you.
While most criminal charges are filed in Illinois state courts, white collar crimes, some drug cases and violations of Federal law are prosecuted in federal courts. Although it is still criminal law, it has different protocols on motions, hearings, and timelines for the cases heard in federal court, you need someone that has years of experience and understands how to evaluate and defend federal criminal cases. In other words, just because a lawyer does an excellent job at defending cases in Illinois state criminal courts does not mean they are the right lawyer for you to defend a federal criminal charge that is being prosecuted in one of the Illinois Federal crime districts.
We know some of the most experienced and successful attorneys and law firms in Illinois who focus their practice on federal criminal defense work. While this does not guarantee a positive result, it does ensure that your case is evaluated and handled by an incredibly qualified person who gives you a great chance for success. The following are other characteristics usually possessed by the federal criminal defense lawyers we recommend:
- They have at least ten years of experience representing federal criminal defendants.
- They have represented at least 100 clients in federal criminal matters.
- They are usually former Federal prosecutors, Federal public defenders or have been doing Federal criminal defense for so long that they have established relationships with current prosecutors and judges.
- They have extensive knowledge of the intricacies of the federal court system.
- They have a strong reputation in the legal community for federal criminal defense work.
- They have demonstrated success measured in results on previous cases.
- They keep their clients informed of all important developments, plea offers, and evidentiary discoveries in the case.
- They treat their clients with respect and promptly return all phone calls and e-mails.
These are just some of the traits we look for before we recommend an Illinois federal criminal defense lawyer or law firm. There is no such thing as the "best" federal criminal defense attorney. Instead, we try to help you locate the best federal criminal defense attorney for your needs. If you have any question about federal criminal laws or would like a referral to an experienced federal criminal defense attorney in Illinois, please do not hesitate to contact us. All calls and e-mails are free and confidential.
Findgreatlawyers.com is a free service, run by Illinois lawyers, to help people with any Illinois legal matter. From Chicago to Belleville, to Peoria to Rockford and all locations in between, we will use our best efforts to help you with your legal situation.